Monday 2 January 2017

Diego Costa Reveals He Wanted To Leave Chelsea [READ WHY]

Chelsea striker Diego Costa has revealed he came close to leaving the club during the close-season transfer window. He went further to explain his reason for his intention. 
















When Conte embraced Costa after the 4-2 victory over a very stubborn Stoke City side, he wouldn't have wondered how completely different the case would have been if Costa had left in the summer's transfer window. 

The Brazil-born Spain international had a poor 2015-16 campaign as Chelsea’s title defence unravelled and said he decided to leave the club for personal reasons at the end of the season.


But he changed his mind and has helped to send Chelsea six points clear at the top of the Premier League table with 14 goals in 18 league appearances.


He revealed after the match on Saturday that he wanted to leave because of the family pull to return to Madrid.


Diego Costa “Did I want to go? Yes, yes, I was about to leave. But not because of Chelsea,” Costa said in comments published by the BBC on Monday. “There was one thing I wanted to change for family reasons, but it wasn’t to be, and I continue to be happy here.”



“I had the possibility to go to Atletico,” Costa said, “because of a few things, family, the life I have there. I wanted to change for family reasons. Not because of Chelsea, because there is a lot of love with the supporters here, so I’m very happy. I was about to leave. But it wasn’t to be. I continue to be happy here, I’m very content.”


Costa said that the trust he feels from Conte has been a big part of his revival as a player. “It was important, too, that the manager, from the very minute, said he counted on me,” Costa said. It is true that Conte has worked very hard on Costa, getting him fitter and more focused, but the biggest improvement has come from within Costa himself.

As well as his goals, Costa’s on-pitch conduct has improved this season and he said he had made a deliberate effort to curb his aggression. “I knew I had to improve that aspect because here in the Premier League there is no mercy,” he said. “A lot of the time it seemed (referees) were against me. If they’re not going to change, I had to change.”



Like this post? Subscribe to our posts by following us on your favourite media. 

Visit our dedicated page to HOTTEST Football Gist TODAY. Follow the hottest and latest football gist on the page. 

You may also like to publish your posts on this blog

Please use the share buttons below to share this post and don't forget to subscribe.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Translate FGT

Recent

Recent

Subscribe To FGT

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Meet the Blog Adminstrators